"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm Thankful For.....


  1. I am thankful that I’m stubborn ~ it pushes me forward to keep trying.
  2. I am thankful that my art has saved my life on a few occasions.
  3. I am thankful that from my children I have learned valuable lessons.
  4. I am thankful for my husband surviving the fight for his country.
  5. I am thankful for my pets for their unending crazy antics that make me smile and their never ending devotion.
  6. I am thankful for those that have gone before me that are watching over me, waiting, but hopefully for my arrival long from now.
  7. I am thankful for surviving cancer ~ it guided me to this place of inspiration.
  8. I am thankful that I’m still doing OK in spite of this economy and the money mongers.
  9. I’m thankful that every day is always a new day to start over, be better, grow and hopefully those that matter understand the process.
  10. I’m thankful for all those in my life ~ without you I would not be who I am in all aspects of my soul ~ good, bad and flawed.

And You ~ What are you Thankful For?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well said! Happy Thanksgiving .. a time of celebration of life. xxDonna

Barry said...

SZQ- it is good that there are days marked to remind us of the important things in life. Whilst we don't have thanksgiving in Australia it is good that others such as yourself can remind us to pause and say thanks for both the ordinary and extra-ordinary in our lives. Go well. B

soraya nulliah said...

Dear SSQ-I love your list-we really have so much to be thankful for...each and every day is a gift that is not to be taken for granted. I hope you had a great Thanksgiving-full of all the good stuff. Hey...you're stubborn too? we are going to get along just great!! Oh!! your hubby looks exactly like the Marlboro Man...for real:)
P.s. i know I know. I should be taking a blog/computer break but...it's like a mini vacation for me with all the packing and other yucky moving stuff going on over here:) xxx

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM