"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Monday, August 8, 2011

Unexpected Gifts!

I love this world of blogging friends, friends you've made literally without hearing their voice, but listening to there heart, seeing their heart in their words and the beautiful art that they create.

Last week I received a most unexpected box of lovelies from a wonderful artist, Soraya Nulliah, you can visit her here.  She has an open He(ART)full spirit, and a gifted hand. She speaks from her soul not just her lips.  She struggles like all of us to grow and to overcome our past and present challenges that we all carry.  I know she has carried those that perhaps could not carry themselves with her words and her open spirit to grow.

She sent me the most beautiful gifts ~ a lovely party dress for my little granddaughter Stella, a beautiful sequined journal book for my thoughts ~ a most spectacular painting from her little Tara~Poo and a piece of her art work that I will treasure always.
Sometimes we just have to stop and breath and appreciate all that is good in this world and that everyone out there struggles, needs, wants and searches for the meaning of their life 
~ isn't it nice to know we are not alone ~

Thank You My He(ART)full Friend



6 comments:

Jerry Carlin said...

Beautiful gifts,Soozee, and in your sharing them, they are ours too! Yes, the Blog world is wonderful! With my battle of cancer I received gifts, wonderful art from all over the world! Did the trick too, the cancer is gone!

Barbra Joan said...

Hi Soozee, so glad to see you visit me on my blog... Your post today is touching and shows that we all have the same feelings deep down. we want and need the same thing and most of all is love and acceptance from others , I send mine to you.
hugs, Barbra Joan

Soraya Nulliah said...

Dear sweet SSQ-reading this post made me tear up...you are just so sweet I want to hug you!! You are very welcome dear friend...I know just what you mean about the blogging world. we meet people who touch us and teach us and...we know them even though we have never met them. You are so very welcome..you give me the gift of your heart and spirit all the time. Sending you lots of loving hugs. xxx

Barry said...

SZQ - sharing is good. B

Luthien Thye said...

SZQ :) you know what ... you spoke the exact words from my heart! we read the newspapers everyday and there is not one day that bad doesn't happen in the world we live in now.

however, every little while when something sweet like this happens, it reminds me of this lines in LOTRs

Frodo : what are we holding onto, Sam?

Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo...

Kay said...

wonderful! Enjoy

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM