"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Squirrel!!

You know that sight, sound, or feeling you get when you're walking along with your dog, having a perfectly good conversation and he bolts ~ he's got a bead on something important with the hopes of coming home with a prize..... well that's me and I say SQUIRREL a lot and bolt!    I'm all over the map of what I'm working on, what I'm doing, and what I'm feeling.  It's like a scary roller coaster ride over here..... DO Ya Wanna Go Faster!!!!! the carnival man says.

Here's a few of my SQUIRRELs!
Found this beautiful cedar lined Hope Chest at Goodwill for $10.00 ~ I couldn't leave it there!  I didn't need it! I had no where to put it!  Honey load it in the Truck! Gave it fresh paint job, moved some furniture around to accommodate it, (well I moved the other furniture in to junk room only to have to deal with it later).  All reason leaves me when I ferret out a good squirrel.

Then hubby trimmed the front Mesquite tree and what do I spy... a lovely branch in need of decoration.

Then on to watercolor painting again ..... enough of doing spiders.  It's been too long and I always have to start over, but I shall try and attempt to paint the truck on my header of this blog...

Then I think about my Son, who just moved away to Bellingham, Washington two weeks ago and all creativity leaves me momentarily... and I cry! 

Sometimes you can't keep your little Squirrels ~ These are the Squirrels that got away!
and I Cry.......

3 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

O_O ... i am guessing squirrels are not the real ones? no wonder you were telling me about dry spells... now we know. awwww... let him spread his wings and do great things, my fren. i know it's hard... i dunno how i'm gonna do it when it's my turn, but i guess you gotta let them go :) cheer up!! there are so many things to communicate with these days and logistics have become so much easier :)

Barry said...

Hi SZQ - man have you got some different types of squirrels in your life. The chest was a great find and could not be passed over - it might be just providing an opportunity to pass something on to someone else or to be turned into art. And your son - what can one say except as LT says there are flying squirrels who spread there wings and just need to glide off for a bit and leave a big empty and dislocating space in your life and order for a while until you find the pattern that is formed is ok. Go well and go with the flow at this time.And crying is ok. and jumping from one thing to another is also ok. B

soraya nulliah said...

SSQ-I have to go shopping with you!!! 10$????Holy smoakes! Of course you couldn't just leave it there!!! I think that it would make a great hope chest for little Stella one day. Tara has one and I put sentimental stuff i keep for her. I know how tereible you must feel about your family moving away..maybe they wil move back??? P.S. I love that quote BTW...ageing ain't for sissies!! xxx

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM