"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Passion Vine Inspiration


I find it hard these days in this oppressive heat to create the way I want to. I find my inspiration has only been in my thinking and not in my actions. I think more of doing then the act itself. So I'm having to revert to a small project I did a few months ago. I've had a passion vine outside my front door for almost two years and as I was leaving for a vacation it presented me with the most beautiful bloom. Only one bloom, once in two years! So my scrap glass left overs from another project became my permanent passion vine bloom. There's an old crystal plate as the center, small flat marbles and lots of pieced together scraps.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sloane's Creations said...

I am loving your blog! Your work is fantastc!!!

hjn said...

Beautiful piece! I hope you have enjoyed your summer! I am always inspired by your work!

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM