"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Goodnight my Sweet


Jeff passed Sunday night, Jan. 20th,  peacefully enveloped in my arms. He was surrounded by love and like the rock that he was he fought with everything he had to stay. He loved life and breathed deep every minute he had. The world has a lot less laughter, beauty and heart in it today with him not here.

Thank you for all your kind words, gifts of peace and healing, and compliments of what a wonderful man he was. He will be missed something fierce.  


Jeff was known for his kind and gentle spirit, uncompromising work ethic, tall good looks, humor and always happy nature.  He was a man who touched the hearts and minds of all those who had the pleasure of knowing him personally and in business.  He was tirelessly selfless and compassionate to all.  He loved his wife like none other and many referred to them as Mr. & Mrs. America, and he was a loving and dedicated father.  He loved life, the great outdoors and was an avid hunter and collector.  Fearless and loving he made the most of every moment and challenged each of us to do the same in his quiet and non-judgmental way.  In his later years he took up making custom hunting knives and usually had more orders than he could fill.  His beautiful spirit will be missed by all that loved him.  This world will have a lot less laughter, beauty and heart in it today with him not here.  Our hearts and especially mine will ache until we meet him again.

13 comments:

Jerry Carlin said...

Soozee, I am so very sorry. In your grief though, remember you were lucky to have met him, loved him and loved by him, held him and had him.

Unknown said...

No words to express the feelings, Soozee. I just want to gently lift your heart from you and hold it 'til it's healed. You have experienced such a gift. If you had not known such enormous love you would not now be experiencing such enormous grief. I know this for sure. love, Donna

stregata said...

So devastated to hear this, SooZe. Sending much love - saying goodbye is so very hard.

Barry said...

S-just so saddened; such a beautiful tribute of love to and for Jeff; the temple bell of peace gongs for him and you; and our love reaches out to you. F&B

Gaby Bee said...

I´m sorry for your loss, SooZe. My deepest sympathy.
I fear that anything else I write might sound trite.
Know that I send a warm hug your way.
Gaby

Bohemian said...

I'm so very sorry for your Loss. There really are no Words... just a Virtual Hug... Dawn... The Bohemian

Luthien Thye said...

SZQ my sweet sweet friend ... i am so so sorry, i am in tears now.
that was a beautiful tribute to an amazing man. i know he will always be by your side in spirit ... loving and protecting you like he always had. if you need anyone to talk to, i'm just an email away.
xo

SooZeQue said...

My Friends: your heartfelt words are appreciated and held close in what may be the darkest, loneliest place I have ever found myself. Every day is a struggle for me and an emptiness I still cannot comprehend. I've been grateful to those that have never left me alone since last Sunday. Without them.... well not sure where I'd be. Thank you all for being so caring and at a time of great despair so compassionate. xxxooo

ArtPropelled said...

Oh my dear SooZe, I am so so sad for your loss. I wish there was something I could say to comfort you. Holding you in my thoughts and sending love and strength. xoxo

Bohemian said...

Just checking in to see how you're doing?

Hugs... Dawn... The Bohemian

Woman on Wild Mountain said...

O my soo-Z. somehow when I moved my blog to a different reader, yours didn't transfer over. It's been way too long since i have been here. and then this! O my. what can be said. My heart just ached as I read this. I will send my thoughts and love your way.

Holli said...

I have been out of the blog loop raising teenagers and I come by to visit and find this devastating news. My heart is broken for you. I am sending angels to be with you today and in the painful days ahead as you begin to live life so very differently than before, You can do this my friend. You are strong and beautiful. God needs you here for awhile longer until you can be with your honey again. Please know I will be praying for you.
I am so very very sorry.
Holli

Carol said...

Dear SooZe, I am so sorry to hear this devastating news. Your tribute to Jeff is very beautiful and I can see how much you loved one another. My heartfelt thoughts are with you and I wish you strength and peace. It is obvious you are very much loved by your friends. Hold on to that, SooZe, and treasure the time you had with your Jeff.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM