"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Ive Been Invaded by Flying Insects

This morning I had to take a bit of a break and just make something for no reason.  I do that a lot.  I had a bunch of flowers I cut out awhile back and never put them to use....so I threw together a  plant for "someones" garden just for fun.  I'm usually working on at least three different mediums of art at a time.  I get stale if I just stick to one thing too long.  Guess that's why I'll never Mass Produce anything - I would go bonkers. 
Hopefully you're not tired of seeing these winged creatures that I've been working on for my upcoming show, but I think I've finally got enough complete.  If not, Oh Well.  I'm really enjoying the dragonflies.  I scoured the shed for old pieces of metal junk to recycle.  Some legs are made with barbed wire and the tails have old tools, old drill bits, rebar ~ whatever looks fun.  I dug up an old electric line that I found out in the forest - it finally was put to use. 
 
Then I had to play with "Picasa" and manipulate some of my photo's of the butterflies.  I love that program.  So Easy and Fast.  If you haven't tried it.... You Should!

Then I had to give the Dog's a bath!  Seriously.... this is not an altered photo.  He was shakin' his head and I had it on high speed and WooHoo.... cool picture!
Now... Unfortunately, I have to go figure out what's for Dinner
I HATE THAT PART!

5 comments:

Jerry Carlin said...

One day Soozee I'll visit you and I'll cook dinner! Love your creations and you dog!

Barry said...

SZQ- a blaze of creativity. Just love what you create from the resurrected junk. The different materials and pieces used give them their individuality. Is all this for the festival in November? Great photo of the dog - certainly must have been doing extra fas rotations. Go well and continue to create well. B

SooZeQue said...

Yes, Barry all these are for the 3 upcoming shows I have. Hopefully I won't come home with all of them. Economy isn't that great for the artist unfortunately!

soraya nulliah said...

Dear SSQ-I just adore/love/am smitten with these flowers!!! they are just freakin amazing!! You are one talented lady..and I am not even close to describing you! Where do you get these ideas...you amaze me. I love the way they have so much energy...swirls and waves and depth...they literally are dancing! And I just now saw your watercolors on the sidebar...they are delish! Are those pure watercolors or do you mix them with something else? I love the grainy look...it must be B. Sienna + Ultramarine blue...that combo tends to granulate. My fave is the one of the red boots and the old Indian man.
And I love your pics of the doors (?) in your previous post. They can be put to good use just about anywhere. How have you been my friend? I have so missed us chatting these past few weeks. So exhausted + had a major bad PMS week ...so not fun! But I really appreciate all the sweet + wonderful messages you have left me. Okay...am going to go have a hot cup of soup and try to chill for a bit! Big hugs xxx

soraya nulliah said...

P.S. the dragonflies are yummy too:) You must be super busy preparing for the art show. xxx

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM