"ARROYO"

A dry channel through which water flows intermittently and irregularly. Kind of like this blog.

My art is an infectious need for me, sometimes a burden but most often a blessing.

This blog is about me and my obsessions, my loves, my need to create and my need of JUNK. I'm addicted to thrift stores, estate sales, flea markets and all roads leading off the beaten track to discover that perfect piece of junk. I recycle old license plates, old shovels, wheelbarrows, saw blades and anything else that's funky using my hand held plasma cutter. I love working with steel, sculpting, photography, watercolor painting, stained glass, and turning everyday utilitarian objects into art. Junked cars ~ I will always veer off the path to search out the beautiful wrecked Arroyo JunKers throughout Arizona, New Mexico and anywhere else the road may lead. When I'm not searching for those JunKers
I ~ RESURRECT ~ STEEL

Sunday, March 7, 2010

GUN TOTIN' WOMEN

You never think you will be in certain situations but this weekend we were!!  Late Friday night we had an intruder try to enter our home.  We have lived in our home for 19 years and never, ever had a "situation".  We were awoke around 12:30pm when I heard a loud bang in my side back yard with the immediate "going postal" sound of my dogs.  I woke my husband who ran to our bathroom door and upon pulling the curtains back was staring at a man trying to get into our house.  Now we have a big gate with a lock on it that we later discovered was destroyed - literally ripped of the gate wood and all.  Since the intruder wasn't having much luck getting in thru the bathroom door he went back out front and proceed to try to break into my truck.  As my husband ran to the garage to see what the Hell he was doing I grabbed my gun!  About that time my husband came running back in the house grabbing his shotgun and telling me to call 911.  Within minutes and I'm talking about maybe 3 or less I had 6-8 squad car outside my house with guns drawn on the guy that tried to break in.  Maybe it was me telling them that if he entered our house he would be shot they got here real quick, but I'll chalk it up to a great police force that reacted quickly and I thank them for that.  Shooting someone is not something I ever would want to transpire, but at the end of the day I WILL GO HOME.  It's quite interesting what happens in the space of 5 mins and how you react, which never is the same as you image it.  I grew up in  place where we never had to lock our doors and I hate that this world requires us to do that and I hate that there are jerks out there that hurt other people for no reason.  But if you come to hurt me or my family there will be consequences.  

2 comments:

Mar gar et said...

Thank God you're alright-I'm so sorry you had to go through that! First time visiting your blog, and am immensely enjoying it, and the great tunes! Thank you, and take care!

~SHANNON~ said...

I'm your newest follower, I found you through Friday follow! Only it's Sunday now! Do I still count? Haha!

I love your wheelbarrow art! That is so beautiful!

I hope you will come follow my blog out as well!

Have a great weekend!
Shannon
http://milkandcuddles.com/

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous. This was waiting at the end.

Takin' the back road from Greer to Morenci was gorgeous.  This was waiting at the end.
Alpine Cliff Jumper

Don't you just love bugs! My first car.... but RED.

Don't you just love bugs!  My first car.... but RED.
Lamy, NM

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM . It has seen better days. I love Lamy,

This was a great old Studebaker Truck in Lamy, NM .  It has seen better days.  I love Lamy,
Studebaker in Lamy, NM